Engineering Program Manager - Product Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We have an exciting new position for an Operations Engineering Program Manager for our growing Product Services Engineering team. The EPM for these projects will be responsible for leading projects from concept definition through full scale deployment and sustaining support. You will work closely with people from many different departments, including AppleCare Engineering, hardware test engineering, product engineering, manufacturing engineering, core software engineering, technical product managers, global supply managers, finance, business operations, new product operations, and, of course, a wide variety of software, equipment and component suppliers.
- We are seeking people who have demonstrable abilities in the following areas:
- A leader who delivers results and builds teams despite the inevitable obstacles that arise.
- A relationship builder who is able to build trust and exert influence in a matrix-managed environment.
- An innovator who has the energy, passion, imagination and work ethic for creating service solutions.
- A self-starter who thrives in an ambiguous, fast-paced and fast-changing environment.
- An exceptionally effective communicator - oral, written, presentation - across all levels of the organization.
- Experience in some or all of these areas: test engineering, high volume manufacturing, product development, equipment development, customer support, software development, and, of course, project management.
The Operations Engineering Program Manager for Product Test leads the development of new factory test solutions. We are looking for leaders who are passionate about all aspects of delighting customers. This individual will lead a cross-functional team to define, develop and deliver test equipment for our AppleCare service business. The scope of projects is diverse and can extend from projects for single-purpose test fixtures to projects for an entire test line. Also, these projects typically involve establishing connectivity with proprietary Apple and Supplier factory information systems. Job Responsibilities: Delivers projects in the manner expected - cost, time, feature, impact, etc. Defines project objectives, staff needs, budgets, investment trade-offs and schedules. Manages or supervises purchasing process from requisition through delivery. Garners cross-functional support and executive buy-in on project deliverables. Creates detailed project plans which are both aggressive and robust. Communicates with ease across a diverse set of internal customers and partners, including executives, staff and suppliers. Establishes and runs appropriate project level meetings for direct staff up to executive staff.
Education & Experience
BS in Engineering or Computer Science MS in Engineering or Computer Science preferred. Experience with Mandarin is a plus.