Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Gift Card Engineering Project Management team is looking for an experienced Engineering Project Manager. You will be involved in challenging and fast paced projects supporting our high-performance, low latency transaction processing platform. Under limited supervision, you lead projects in a cross-functional environment to deliver high quality and creative solutions that meet business goals within time and budget. You will be responsible to work with business and technical teams during the full lifecycle development process – including requirements analysis, design, development, deployment, testing and maintenance.
- - 3+ years of project management experience
- - Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle Models
- - Extensive work experience with Agile / Scrum processes
- - Experience managing project plans for multiple projects and resources
- - Experience in system architecture and system solutions to business requirement
- - Excellent presentation skills to work and collaborate with development teams
- - Experience presenting designs and project status to internal and external partners
- - Experience with highly available, scalable and mission critical systems
- - Experience working with offshore teams and with a contractor model
- - Experience working with external partners on collaborative development efforts
- - Experience in java, J2EE, WebServices and web frameworks
- - Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Nagios
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional presentation skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously from initiation through production deployment - Create estimates and project plans for new projects - Collaborate closely with multiple cross functional teams - Represent the team in working sessions with internal and external contributors - Facilitate technical discussions with the engineering team - Work with key partners for status reporting and customer concerns
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent.