Mobile App Developer - Navigation Experiences
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
From the moment when you decide where you want to go, until the moment that you get there, our team creates the immersive experience that guides you along your trip, and leads you to your destination. Whether it's simplifying your daily commute, or delivering you to new places, our team delivers an intuitive and relevant navigation experience by bringing together all of our Maps technologies into the Apple Maps App.
- We are looking for people with experience in Apple platforms, particularly iOS
- Ability to produce production level Objective-C code, using this as your core programming language on a daily basis
- Experience at the app and UI level with strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Proven experience building apps on mobile devices
- Working understanding of system level areas such as power and memory management
- A keen eye for excellent design and fluid user-experience
- Passion for collaboration - you find sitting around a table and sharing ideas with your team members to be one of the best parts of your day
- Innovating and creating new ways of doing things is a driving force behind your success
As one of our team members on the iOS Maps Navigation Team, your primary responsibility will be high-level UI development, but you'll often find yourself working at different levels of the stack in order to pull off challenging features. We partner with many different teams outside of Maps, and are comfortable moving from network level programming up through framework and app development areas. As the face of the Maps app running on iOS, macOS, and watchOS, every engineer on our team can have an enormous impact on the products we ship. We all find true passion in the work we contribute to, which is building a map navigation experience that is best in it's class.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or Equivalent experience developing apps or UIs will be considered
- While not necessary, having experience in watchOS or macOS would be a plus.
- Applicants who are experienced in Swift but are open to developing in Objective-C will also be considered