Direct Sourcing Commodity Manager (Innovation)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Direct Sourcing Innovation Commodity Manager - Responsible for partnering with the innovation team on new initiatives from concept to launch that include strategic sourcing, prototyping, mockups to successful delivery into our Apple Retail Stores.
- A proven leader who will do “whatever-it-takes” to get the job done.
- Strong business and technical acumen and experience managing complex supply chains, cost models, scope and quotation analysis.
- Background of managing complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must be a self starter who has organizational agility and has experience working well with cross functional teams.
Strategy: Team with innovation as a partner for the best supplier selection and second sourcing (if applicable) that includes cost, quality and delivery. Partner with innovation and Direct Sourcing commodity managers to develop and implement overall supply chain strategy for new initiatives. Manage the cost of new initiatives to optimize total landed cost Travel to support strategic initiatives for commodity. Partner with preservation for the total cost of the initiative with a focus on reducing preservation replacements and spend. Partner with innovation and communicate with Direct Sourcing and Development teams on plan of record roll out schedules on innovation initiatives. Execution: Ensure flawless execution for timely delivery, optimized cost, and quality for new initiatives.