Biomedical Data Engineer - Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Technologies Team conceives and proves out innovative technology for Apple’s future products and features in health. We are seeking a highly capable Biomedical Data Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary team. Successful candidates will be able to integrate with our research study leads, data scientists and engineers to develop and support effective data analysis and machine learning workflows.
- Experience with software engineering frameworks:
- Excellent coding skills in Python (e.g., Scipy, Pandas, Jupyter, http://Plot.ly, C++, scripting, and object oriented programming languages.
- Experience with Web Service APIs (e.g., AWS, REDCap, XNAT)
- Experience designing and maintaining (non-)relational databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with Linux, MacOS based development frameworks
- Experience with version control frameworks (Git, virtualenv)
- Experience contributing to open source projects (e.g., Using Github)
- Sense of design and appreciation for user experience are plusses
Script and automate data ingestion and transformation pipelines, with hooks for auditing, QA and redaction Collaborate with team members to develop novel visualization and interactive front ends for navigating large volumes of data Process, troubleshoot, and clean incoming data from human studies Apply best practices for information security, including safe harbor privacy principles for sensitive data Incorporate and comply with FDA regulations as they pertain to electronic and clinical data and databases Work closely with team members and study staff to architect data management plans Implement and automate compliance and edit checks per data management specifications Collaborate with team members to architect data models and create tools to harmonize disparate data sources Create and populate databases with existing and incoming clinical data Translate data management requirements into computer hardware requirements Perform IT administration of secure computing, data stores and databases for structured and unstructured data Interest in data analysis, data science and machine learning Experience with biomedical sensors/platforms for measuring physiological signals in the health, wellness and/or fitness realms
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Informatics, Statistics, or equivalent with relevant 0-2 years industry experience in medical, physiological, health, wellness and/or fitness fields. Bootcamp or Self-taught Data Engineering + Science skills are welcome
- You will thrive in our fast-paced environment if you are highly organized and able to multitask.
- Flexible thinking, adaptability to change and comfort with ambiguity are hallmarks of successful people on our team.
- We look forward to witnessing your excellent communication and interpersonal skills during the interview process.
- Apple is known for heterogeneous and cohesive teams. A proven ability to work seamlessly with others is required to acclimate quickly to our culture.
- We highly value your analytical mind and problem-solving skills, and expect a stellar attention to detail.
- You will let the customer experience guide your decision making. You will design with Apple’s culture and values, inclusion for all and privacy, as fundamental requirements