Biomedical Data Engineer - Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Technologies Team conceives and proves out innovative technology for Apple’s future products and features in health. We are seeking a highly capable Biomedical Data Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary team. Successful candidates will be able to integrate with our research study leads, data scientists and engineers to develop and support effective data analysis and machine learning workflows.
- Experience with software engineering frameworks:
- Excellent coding skills in Python (e.g.,Pandas, Jupyter)
- Web Service APIs (e.g., AWS, REDCap, XNAT)
- Designing and maintaining (non-)relational databases (e.g. Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Linux, MacOS based development frameworks
- Version control frameworks (Git, virtualenv)
- iOS/ watchOS development (e.g. Objective-C, Swift)
- Familiarity with best practices for information security, including safe harbor privacy principles for sensitive data
- Experience with biomedical sensors/platforms for measuring physiological signals in the health, wellness and/or fitness realms
In this role, you will be expected to: • Work closely with team members and study staff to design, build, launch and maintain systems for storing, aggregating and analyzing large amounts of data • Process, troubleshoot, and clean incoming data from human studies • Script and automate data ingestion and transformation pipelines, with hooks for QA, auditing, redaction and compliance checks per data management specifications • Create and populate databases with existing and incoming clinical data • Architect data models and create tools to harmonize disparate data sources • Incorporate and comply with regulations as they pertain to electronic and clinical data and databases
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent with relevant 4+ years industry experience with biomedical, health or sensitive data.
- You will thrive in our fast-paced environment if you are highly organized and able to multitask.
- Flexible thinking, adaptability to change and comfort with ambiguity are hallmarks of successful people on our team.
- We look forward to witnessing your excellent communication and interpersonal skills during the interview process.
- Apple is known for heterogeneous and cohesive teams. A proven ability to work seamlessly with others is required to acclimate quickly to our culture.
- We highly value your analytical mind and problem-solving skills, and expect a stellar attention to detail.
- You will let the customer experience guide your decision making. You will design with Apple’s culture and values, inclusion for all and privacy, as fundamental requirements