Commercial Contracts Negotiator – Inbound Transactions
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In the role of Commercial Contracts Negotiator, you will report into the Legal team and partner with multiple business units and cross-functional teams to frame, draft and negotiate a wide variety of inbound commercial agreements in support of Apple’s corporate operations worldwide. As a part of the Apple Legal team, you’ll uphold Apple’s high ethical and business conduct standards and provide best in class contract drafting and negotiation support.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in framing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements in a publicly traded company setting
- A strong working knowledge of applicable commercial contracting principles, corporate compliance issues and risk mitigation strategies
- A critical thinker and problem solver who is able to quickly identify, analyze and propose practical solutions to issues that routinely arise in the course of negotiating commercial transactions
- Superior drafting skills and a proven ability to understand, distill and articulate complex commercial terms and scope of work elements in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- A detail oriented self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication, organization and presentation skills, with the ability to run multiple diverse transactions at a time and take a leadership role in each transaction
- A demonstrated ability to proactively and effectively collaborate with and influence key partners throughout the company to support business objectives in a manner consistent with applicable law and corporate risk tolerance
- Dedication to customer service, with the experience and confidence to engage in respectful debate with internal cross-functional stake-holders
- Experience with facilities, energy and/or human resources related transactions is a plus.
We are looking for a highly motivated Commercial Contracts Negotiator with an advanced understanding of commercial contract terms and conditions, plus strong contract drafting and negotiation skills. You will have a proven record of supporting in-house legal and commercial teams in framing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of inbound commercial transactions. This role will involve engagement with Apple attorneys, global supply managers, business leads and other cross-functional partners to facilitate the procurement of goods, software and services in support of Apple’s internal business operations.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree with excellent academic credentials Juris Doctor is a plus