Technical Product Manager (UI)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in an energizing environment where your abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If you are passionate about innovating to deliver insights through large-scale data solutions, then Apple’s Global Business Intelligence BI Product Manager role is for you. Work with a team of committed Data Analytics professionals, applying your standout combination of intuition for business and technical knowledge. We lead enterprise data stores with petabytes of data, process billions of rows of data in batch and real-time to provide solutions to our users helping them gain insight and to make informed business decisions. The Global Business Intelligence team provides data services, analytics, reporting and data science solutions to Apple’s business groups including Retail, iTunes, Marketing, AppleCare, Operations, Finance, Sales and external partners. Apple is looking for a BI Product Manager to join our team. You will engage directly with key business partners to build strong relationships and understand the business strategies and solution needs. You will develop solution roadmaps, handle budgets, plan and deliver projects. The BI Product Manager will also define the product’s objectives and be responsible for ensuring the solution reliability and quality during the project and ongoing lifecycle. You should have product management experience, be equally relaxed working across the business and driving technical design discussions with development teams. You should be passionate about data and its nuances.
- Hands-on development experience lead on multiple large, individual projects and complex company-wide projects, from feature definition to product deployment throughout the development lifecycle.
- Experience with Rest API web services architecture and implementation
- Worked on scalable distributed systems in practice like Spark, Cassandra, Vertica and Caching technologies
- Experience working in a matrix organization and the ability to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience/knowledge of Cloud technologies for UI based solutions, with milli second response
- Extensive understanding of global corporate business processes and their relationship to technology
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Effectively coordinates work and communication across disparate groups of individuals and levels in the organization
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation abilities
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, maintaining composure and a positive attitude
- Shown experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling
- Confirmed understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Successful track record managing projects from feature definition to project deployment through the development lifecycle
- Driven to learn business processes, analyze and understand data
- Experience with business analytics products like Tableau, Micro Strategy and Business Objects
- Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between business owners and functional / technical teams
- Enthusiastically initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members
- Knowledge of one or more database technologies like Teradata, Vertica, Oracle, Hadoop and SQL hands on experience
This role will be responsible for a portfolio of products. You will work with business partners to understand their requirements, define the product features and create product roadmaps. You will have overall ownership of product features and data. You will partner with technical managers and engineering teams in building the product features. You will run project teams to create new products and enhancement releases. The successful interaction with management of multiple technical teams in an on/off shore model is important. We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams. You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Education & Experience