Executive Assistant, Advertising Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We’re looking for a smart, motivated and experienced executive assistant to support the Ad Platforms Engineering team, with direct support for the Senior Director of Engineering. The ideal candidate is focused and willing to actively work to ensure that our leaders and their teams are functioning smoothly and efficiently. He/she will be highly organized and professional, resourceful, efficient, flexible and will thrive in a fast paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong critical thinking and attention to detail are equally important.
- Minimum of 6-8 years experience supporting senior level management teams in an administrative capacity (global experience a plus)
- Proven ability to remain flexible, embrace change, manage uncertainty and solve problems in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under critical deadlines; proactively manage workload with little direction; use sound judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Keen listening skills; ability to understand assignments and complete them with little to no follow up; take initiative to seek out information, create a network of contacts across the company and use resources to successfully complete tasks on time.
- Intellectual curiosity; willingness to continually learn about the business, our team and how we operate; apply that knowledge to ongoing tasks, including vetting and routing meeting requests to the proper leader.
- Eye for efficiency; the desire to constantly look for ways to improve that empower the team to operate more smoothly and efficiently.
- Professional presence; interact with all levels of internal and external contacts with diplomacy and professionalism.
- High level of integrity; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Proficiency in Apple products and programs such as Calendar, Numbers and Keynote.
Responsibilities include: Ensuring that the assigned leaders are using their time effectively and to greatest impact. This involves dedicated calendar management and triaging of daily and weekly tasks to ensure that deadlines are being met, meetings are serving their purposes, and there are no blockages in communication between team members. Plan, coordinate and communicate employee events such as group meetings, off-sites and all-staff forums. This goes beyond inviting participants and booking rooms - the Executive Assistant is also responsible for ensuring that objectives are clear and that preparation is appropriate. Attend team meetings, capture and circulate key decisions, and work with assigned leaders to ensure appropriate follow-up. Handling administrative tasks for assigned leaders such as booking travel, managing budget and expenses and helping to prepare for presentations. Create/support creation of executive level presentations as needed. Support all facilities activities for the team, including office moves, maintaining standards and supplies in multiple locations, conference room management and access requests. Understand team growth plans to anticipate and address facilities and on-boarding needs.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.