Logistics Capacity Planner
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
We are currently in the process of strengthening and rapidly growing our supply chain analytics capabilities within AMR Logistics. Reporting to the AMR Logistics Capacity Planning Manager. In this role, you will utilize your analytical skills and experience in fast moving consumer goods supply chains, Planning, Logistics, Retail or Finance backgrounds. We are looking for visionary individuals who will be tasked with tracking all aspects of Logistics Planning working with the Inbound/Outbound transportation and DC Ops teams in AMR Logistics as well as collaborating with the Supply/Demand Mgt, Ops Finance and Reseller Ops teams to drive further efficiencies in the Logistics Planning processes.
- Data analysis and numeric skills with the ability to evaluate, analyze, present data and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Experience analyzing and influencing Planning forecasts and supply chain decisions.
- Organized and able to react to the challenges of a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to form effective relationships in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong work ethic, perseverance and flexibility.
- Proficient at high level with Microsoft Excel.
- SAP, Business objects (or equivalent) and database skills an advantage..
Develop and implement a regular forecast review cycle with Supply/Demand Mgt. Work closely with Inbound/Outbound Transportation, DC Ops and Supply/Demand Mgt to review and gain consensus on forecasted demand. Support related reporting activities (dashboard, metrics, etc). Handle, track and understand variances between forecast and historical data profiles. Oversee AMR Logistics capacity planning and contingencies for seasonality, new product launches and sustaining operations. Monitor delivery effectiveness and ship optimization trends to minimize Supply Chain Costs. Participate in Logistics Cost and Shipping strategy reviews with Ops Finance, Reseller Operation and Supply/Demand Mgt Provide input and recommendations into current process and ways in which it can be improved in terms of efficiency and effectiveness. Drive Logistics Planning End to End process / tools development with Outbound/Inbound Transportation, DC Ops, Supply/Demand Mgt, BPR and WW Logistics First point of contact for troubleshooting queries related to Logistics Supply Chain Planning for AMR, Support supply chain and network modeling / gravity studies (taking a holistic supply chain view: including impact of transportation, warehouse and inventory costs as well as customer service level trade-offs).
Education & Experience
• BA/BS required with 5 years minimum experience in transportation/logistics industry