Technical Program Manager (TPM), Camera
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple we don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple Product Operations and help us leave the world better than we found it! The role has wide-ranging responsibilities covering all technical and quality support of Sensing products manufacturing. The role is based in Cupertino but will be responsible for a range of factories in various countries. Frequent and flexible travel is required. You will be an operational technical expert for a module family and will have a full understanding of: - the design and function of those products - the manufacturing process, test and IPQC control - the quality control and Failure analysis of the products You will manage and support ramp readiness and troubleshoot all issues that impact volume and quality in mass production
- 5 to 10 years of working experience. Ideally in the semiconductor packaging industry, working on assembly packaging and test, camera, optics, light sensing or other non-standard products in an ultra-cleanroom environment
- Incumbent should have track record of technical excellence and interaction with vendors.
- Fluent English with excellent written communication, management presentation skills, and ability to comprehend and articulate complex technical issues and impacts to supply.
- Willing to travel outside of designated country. This could reach 50% on peak demand period.
- Able to work under time pressure and adaptable to flex work hours for international conference calls.
- Systematic and organized approach in problem solving and data analysis
- Second language preferred
You will manage and support ramp readiness and troubleshoot all issues that impact volume and quality in mass production: NPI activities: o Collaborate with R&D/ Engineering/ Supply Management team for timely deployment of new projects o Manage product ramp blockers and design for manufacturability, for materials-processes-equipment during the NPI phase. Collaborate with cross-functional teams for timely corrective actions through each build to intercept the ramp. o On-site reviews for ramp readiness (This includes raw material supplier, equipment, and module and system assembly sites) o Co-developed with process/quality engineering teams to develop process control plans (PCP) for: quality (CTQ) metrics, critical to safety (CTS) test, data automation and database, new cORT reliability test. o Project manage new manufacturing equipment or techniques o Verify that all planning assumptions are realistic to achieve the capacity target. Agree targets. o Identify, prioritize and mitigate key technical risks associated with a product to enable the quality ramp of a product. o Conduct factory readiness review for engineering builds, pilot runs and mass production Ramp and Mass Production: o Participate in product engineering meetings and take the lead to resolve any module integrator quantity or quality problems. Communicate the status clearly. Voice of the Asia factory in Cupertino. o Liaise with Procurement, Engineering, and Supplier quality engineers, and factory technical operations managers. Take the lead to resolve technical issues blocking capacity and quality stability. o Run the cross factory yield improvement programs and collaborate with Cupertino engineering. o Manage post-ramp qualification of new material, process and specification change o Work with Cupertino Quality system engineers on field returns/key learnings and incorporate the fan out of Best Known Methods (BKM) to all Module integrators and suppliers in the sector. o Cross audit the manufacturing sites and ensure BKM fan-out and sharing. o Drive continuous improvement with the site SQE/TOPM by assisting them in cross functional reviews/analysis with the Cupertino teams and final module integrations teams.
Education & Experience
Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace.