Technical Program Manager (TPM), EPI
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple we don’t just create products — we build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple Product Operations and help us leave the world better than we found it! The ideal candidate will be driving technical aspects related to EPI growth for photonics devices throughout the product lifetime. You will work with epi, process Fab, downstream module integrators and metrology companies. The scope of the role covers several EPI companies.
- Epi Growth experience of iii/v material - VCSEL, edge emitters and PD’s.
- Bulk Growth knowledge of iii/v material and processing.
- Characterization and metrology knowledge and experience of epi material.
- Technical Problem solving skills in a high pressure environment.
- Interpersonal skills of leadership, project management, communication, teamwork, and negotiation.
- Knowledge in fab processing, testing and quality concepts
- Experience in Product Engineering, Process Engineering and Quality Engineering
- Travel - 40% -50%
Resolve quality issues in EPI growth for photonics devices fab, back-end processing and Module integrator. Monitor and report yield, manufacturing metrics and drive improvement programs as appropriate. Ensure quality concepts are implemented, these concepts include: control plans, configuration control and PCN’s. Review and prepare EPI growth sites for HVM. Ensure EPI growth of photonics devices vendors are conforming to Apple ERS specs and quality. Provide routine status and reporting to high-level executives. Collaborate with internal module Supplier Quality Engineers (SQE's) at module integrators
Education & Experience
MSc./PHD Material Science, Chemistry, Chem. eng. or Physics
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace.