Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Strategic Data Solutions is looking for an expert backend developer with a primary focus on development of server side logic using a data pipeline that includes big data ingestion, relational databases, analytics, and machine learning models. In addition to a strong technical background, you possess confident interpersonal skills and an eye toward collaboration. The position requires strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with partners from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- 5+ years developing back end systems and APIs
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and developing scalable web- based tools
- Expertise in creating RESTful APIs and Web ServicesProficiency with SQL and NoSQL database technologies. ORDBMS, OLAP, Apache Hadoop and data analytics framework (Cassandra, PostgreSQL, HBase, Druid, Spark,Elasticsearch)
- Expertise with continuous delivery systems using GIT and Jenkins
- Ability to express ideas clearly within the team and across other groups
- Experience working on DevOps automation tools.
- Expertise with logging and monitoring infrastructure
- Self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
The SDS team is largely responsible for mitigating fraud, waste and abuse company-wide while optimizing and empowering our internal business partners and protecting our customers. The adversarial nature of fraud, and the enormous scale of the business present exciting challenges in this space. Our job is to create substantial data relationships and engagement experiences for our internal customers. If you’re interested in collaborating in a team that’s constantly learning and problem-solving, we’d love to talk with you.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.