Backend Web Developer
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Strategic Data Solutions is looking for an expert backend developer with a primary focus on development of server side logic using a data pipeline that includes big data ingestion, relational databases, analytics, and machine learning models. In addition to a strong technical background, you possess confident interpersonal skills and an eye toward collaboration. The position requires strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with partners from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- 5+ years developing backend systems and APIs.
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and developing scalable web-based applications (RESTful APIs/Web Services).
- Understanding of MVC and modern web frameworks.
- Strong ability in Object Oriented Programming and Design.
- Strong experience writing scripts and / or shell scripts to process data ingestion jobs.
- Ability to write clean, optimized SQL.
- Familiarity working with large scale distributed systems (e.g. Spark, Cassandra, Druid).
- Firmly committed to code quality, including unit tests and code reviews.
- Ability to express ideas clearly within the team and across other groups.
- Self-starter with exceptional communication skills.
The SDS team is largely responsible for mitigating fraud, waste and abuse company-wide while optimizing and empowering our internal business partners and protecting our customers. The adversarial nature of fraud, and the enormous scale of the business present exciting challenges in this space. Our job is to create substantial data relationships and engagement experiences for our internal customers. If you’re interested in collaborating in a team that’s constantly learning and problem-solving, we’d love to talk with you.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working on DevOps automation tools, logging and monitoring infrastructure.
- Experience analyzing and visualizing data.