Data Integrity Business Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking a tried Data Integrity Business Analyst to join the Apple Media Products Analytics and Data Products team. The Data Integrity Business Analyst plays a meaningful role in defining data integrity framework, enabling process to measure and monitor data integrity, tracking data integrity issues to resolution.
- 8+ years of industry experience passionate about improving quality of the data in big data environment.
- Experienced in coordinating multi-functional activities between QA, Engineering, Business, Legal etc.
- Experienced in data integrity issue management - define & monitor KPIs, recommend changes to improve data integrity, reduce cost from issues.
- Experienced in data quality issue tracking and resolution activities end to end (impact analysis, root cause analysis, data analysis etc.).
- Reciprocal; able to build consensus and drive valuable meetings among multi-functional teams while also meaningful assumptions in a relevant way.
- You have proven analytical and logic abilities.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture while working with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Validated ability to capture and analyze large amounts of data at a macro and micro level.
- Consistent focus on training and improving existing processes.
- Experience in working with ETL applications, data pipelines, and Big Data.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Data Integrity Framework Data Integrity Business Analyst will assist the data integrity program manager in the development and execution of a comprehensive data integrity framework. Define process for monitoring, measuring, and reporting compliance with acceptable levels of data quality (completeness, validity, consistency, timeliness, and accuracy). Create new KPIs and measures as well as designing interactive dashboards for technology implementations that helps the business understand state of quality and impact to the business. Requirements Gathering & Data Integrity Solution Implementation Define a template to gather data quality requirements, oversee the definition of data quality requirements based on known business requirements, data quality issues, data quality resolution plan, and technology. Collaborate with Engineering to implement the solution (prevention, detection, monitoring and alerting) specific to data quality requirements. Conduct end to end data and requirements analysis in order to understand the transformational and data processing lifecycles as the data migrates throughout the enterprise architecture. Candidate should be able to analyze data and identify any functional gaps based on data quality exceptions generated through Data quality tool/ solutions. Issue Management Data Integrity Exceptions Responsibilities include the Data Quality Issue Management, supporting all efforts and endeavors related to providing visibility about data issues and tracking the remediation efforts. The issue management includes creating, supporting and evolving reports that has KPIs and measurements about the overall status and health of the data. Develop data quality scorecard, issue dashboard. Classify root causes, conduct and organize sessions with SMEs to discuss or brainstorm the process gaps, solution gaps and present recommendations to permanently solve the problem. Focus and support all aspects of data quality issue management and improvement, exception handling and alerting process. Training and Documentation Work with data integrity manager to promote data integrity best practices, create data integrity training, root cause analysis training and create templates and validations for data owners to use. Create documentation, perform knowledge transfer and cross training for partners to develop new data quality rules as well as help data stewards tasked with remediating data quality issues. Produce and distribute daily/weekly team status reports or scorecards as well as give to project status reporting depending on the undertaking at and assist with any management reporting. Additional Requirements NICE TO HAVE Six Sigma Certification Knowledge of building dashboards using Tableau, Qlikview or similar tools Knowledge of spark, scala, HDFS, Hive Knowledge of Data Integration tools, SQL, Talend, BI tools.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Systems.