Digital Marketing Data Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little direction should fuel your creativity? We are looking for a Data Scientist to lead Analytics & Optimizations for the Apple Digital Marketing Team. We are looking for a self-starter with web analytics and marketing science experience with a wide range of technical skills. This is a strategic partnership role reporting into the Apple Retail Data Sciences organization and will be deeply embedded within the marketing organizations.
- You are a good communicator with excellent verbal and written presentation skills - able to evangelize data informed decision-making.
- You have 5+years of experience measuring impact of online site changes and its impact on both online & offline traffic, revenue and customer engagement.
- You have validated expertise of quantifying & forecasting the impact of Marketing, Promotions & Events on both the digital and the offline consumer.
- You have strong application knowledge of Statistical and Data Mining techniques.
- You have strong working knowledge of SQL, Teradata preferred.
- You have working knowledge of Base SAS, SAS STAT & SAS Macros or Python, R
- You are proficient with Tableau and other Data Visualization tools.
- You are highly proficient in turning data discoveries into actionable insights.
- Detail oriented and strong data quality standards.
- Knowledge and application of Marketing Mix models.
To be successful in this position be a self-starter, driven, accountable and a highly upbeat teammate. Be curious, ready to learn and evolve and can develop strategic partnerships across both the Data Science and the Business organizations.
Education & Experience
Masters degree required in - Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Social Sciences, Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Operations Research, or related fields. 5 plus years of relevant experience required.