Engineering Project Manager - Apple Online Store
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The you are able to provide thought-leadership for their project teams by acting as a subject matter expert for electronic commerce and combining strong intuition for business with excellent commercial and technical skills. They should operate as an effective interface between engineers and product owners, bringing prospective and understanding of the electronic commerce principles to help development teams maximize their effectiveness in serving Apple customers around the world. They should be able to understand and articulate the business and technical implications of decisions that are being made by their project teams, whilst managing senior partner relationships to ensure successful program delivery. A combination of gravitas and flexibility will be required to ensure that they can be effective and they must have experience of working on consumer product launches, product merchandising in an electronic commerce environment. To be successful, you have excellent technical project and program management skills, and be able to operate in a complex environment across multiple cost centers, geographies and systems. They will need to have excellent people management skills, and be able to manage teams of both contractors and employees, and be familiar with accounting and budget management concepts such as ‘capital vs. expense’.
- - 10+ years experience in project and program management and resource management in complex environments.
- - Excellent written and presentation skills - able to interact with engineers and senior managers.
- - Experience with containerization and micro-services technology. Payment experience a plus.
- - Strong understanding of controlling and managing budgets, resource management and forecasting.
- - Project and program management experience in a software development environment - specific deep experience and functional expertise in electronic commerce for consumer products.
- - Experience of working with engineers in a challenging, high-pressured environment - able to have credibility with world-leading technologists that are experts in their field, and need someone with a strong personality and the ability to build relationships with deeply technical people.
- - Willing to consider international travel when necessary to interact with regional teams in London, Singapore and India as required.
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional presentation skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
The worldwide (WW) Retail & Online Stores (R&OS) team is responsible for delivering the electronic commerce (eCommerce) systems and solutions that enable and support the Apple.
Education & Experience
BS ME/EE/CE degree or equivalent work experience