Security Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
This position can be located in Austin (TX), Seattle (WA), or San Francisco (CA) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish Apple is seeking a Software Engineer to focus on managing information security data and making it actionable. Our team is responsible for developing tools to manage and mitigate security risks faced by Apple. This is a software development role which requires integrating, developing and managing solutions which generate and process large volumes of data from a variety of sources and security tools. In this role you will contribute to a team that designs and implements new approaches and tools for security operation teams within Apple Information Security.
- 5+ years of experience in C++ / Go / Python or equivalent.
- Experience preferred in cross platform internals (Netlink, WMI, etc).
- Expertise in architecting, designing and developing big data frameworks for analytics and data management
- Integration with multiple APIs (REST, SOAP, RPC)
- Experience with common formats such as JSON and compression utilities
- Understanding of centralized configuration management and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Some working knowledge of network protocols and Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols (TCP, TLS, HTTP, UDP)
- Experience implementing and working with open source projects
- Proficient in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Extraordinary communications skills, capable of collaborating with multi-functional technical teams in a professional manner
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
This position requires software engineering background, experience working with open source solutions and some practical knowledge of large scale data ingestion and delivery technologies. You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, enthusiastic and passionate engineers working on this leading edge and constantly changing space. - Architect, design and build multi platform client side tools and systems generating security relevant log data. - Design and develop Self - Serve Access/registration/Management system and sets up the Data Pipe Lines. - Work closely with multi-functional teams to gather requirements for SLA and Self - Serve. - Build and support scalable security tool provisioning systems and configuration workflows - Engineer solutions that can support large capacity and scale reliably, in a 24/7 environment - Operate distributed systems and network based information security tools
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience