AFS (Apple Finance Services ) Strategic Business Development Manager
Miami, Florida, United States
Sales and Business Development
JOB SUMMARY The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our Product ongoing development and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the ambassador of Apple to our largest customers. Imagine what you could do here. Are you ready to take this challenge? This position is responsible for aligning both funding partners and remarketing partners in the ALAC region so that the Apple sales and AFS teams can improve the impact residual values can have on driving sales. This is a hybrid role, covering both Enterprise and consumer-through-enterprise offers in the region. You will be working with AFS’ funding partners to build and create flexible offers with the region’s top enterprise account as well as with remarketing partners to maximize the residual values that we can incorporate into lease pricing and certain financial structures. Once the partner foundation has been established, the individual will work jointly with the Sales Country Leaders, Account Managers, Channel Managers and enterprise customers to enable new structures and generate new leasing and financing business with current Apple customers, new prospects and for new business models. You will also be responsible for building effective third-party partnerships, improving residual value levels for all Apple products and driving structured financing volume goals. The AFS will be a key part of the region’s go-to-market teams and is expected to attend area and regional meetings, onsite customer sales calls, in-person meetings with channel and carrier partners and to develop and lead local third-party funding and marketing partners. A very highly demanding role with the feel of a startup environment that will help enable sales through best-in-class partners and financial structuring.
- Plus 7-10 years of experience in a business development role in the equipment finance and leasing industry
- Shown experience with negotiating with and leading financing and marketing partners
- Expertise with lease pricing models and financial calculations and RV setting
- Experience in complex lease structuring and complex accounts (at all levels)
- Understands economic trade-offs of alternative deal structures and pricing
- Confirmed initiative, able to integrate into existing sales teams, initiate contact with customers and internal partners and lead difficult/tough prospects
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment as the AFS guide in region
- Strong, persuasive face-to-face and telephone presentation skills and executive presence
- Experience working in manufacturer captive finance company and working with and leading third-party funding and marketing partners strongly preferred
- Ability to lead projects necessary to build the financing business in LATAM for Apple
- Available to travel a minimum of 60% within assigned territory
- Experience negotiating contracts and coordinating with legal and other cross-functional teams in contract negotiations
- Fluency in Spanish and Portuguese strongly preferred
We are seeking a high energy financial services business development professional to work in Apple’s top Latin America countries with the Sales Country leaders and Enterprise Sales teams. You will be responsible for creating and executing AFS’ core third-party infrastructure in region and executing the AFS mission to assist the sales teams in achieving and exceeding sales and service goals. Initiating daily dedicated discussions with country managers and regional Account Managers is desirable. You will have to be consistently offer and execute through third parties creative financing solutions to complex sales challenges. It will be phenomenal if you can have the ability to partner with Apple’s go-to-market channel partners, initiate contact with Apple’s enterprise accounts, and run small and medium business financing programs through third-party funding partners is also desirable. Through partnership with the Sales country managers, sales teams and channel partners, you will be able to: - Build out a robust third-party infrastructure to support AFS activities - Lead all AFS third-party partnerships on a day-to-day basis - Support and enable sales of Apple product and services - Understand the logistics of decommissioning Apple product from enterprise accounts - Generate, propose and close financing and leasing solutions to Major Accounts, corporate accounts and through enterprise customers potentially to consumer customers - Act as the primary contact for customers and prospects, effectively communicating AFS’ financial products and financial structuring capabilities - Identify and understand key risk elements of transactions and work effectively with the structure and pricing team and external funding and remarketing partners to develop a proposal that works for all parties - Assume primary responsibility for transaction management after award, working effectively with other teams to complete documentation, funding, and booking on a timely basis - Work with third-party financing and remarketing partners to ensure an excellent customer service experience and maintain a constructive relationship with all third-party partners
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration from an accredited university is required. MBA is helpful. Multiple language skills (at least English and Spanish) and fluency are mandatory.
- It will be important to be able to multi-task on a regular basis and always maintain a professional demeanor with the highest degree of character and integrity.
- You will bring cross-functional teams together to oversee activities. It will also be important that you successfully could train the sales teams, channel partners and enterprise customers on the benefits of financing.
- You will be part of a small startup team within Apple with all the time commitments associated with a startup. Extremely high demands of time, energy, and focus will be needed to effectively satisfy the requirements of the position.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.