New Hardware OS Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Software Engineering Programs' organization is seeking an ambitious and detail oriented individual who will have profound impact on rapid delivery and quality of Apple's operating systems and new products. The nature of the position requires you to possess excellent analytical and debugging skills, strong interpersonal skills, and drive to make a difference. To be successful in this role, you will need to quickly learn and utilize knowledge of various automation systems and operating system features, and understand how to incorporate them with new Apple products.
- Experience developing code in C, Python and/or Bash.
- Strong technical background with UNIX/Linux/macOS/iOS.
- Experience with automating low level debugging of hardware and firmware issues.
The OS Test Engineering team collaborates with engineering teams at Apple to influence changes that accelerate software development velocity with a focus on quality. You will design, write, launch and own process, tools, automated testing frameworks and infrastructure. You will participate in operational maintenance, which could include on-call, keeping the build green and/or writing test cases.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Creative thinker and a strong problem solver.
- Experience in implementing modules/libraries for automation.
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies and test planning strategies.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and software build processes.
- Good organizational skills and experience working on large multi-functional teams.
- Flexibility to respond and react to a rapidly evolving software environment.