Sr. Program Manager - Product Launch Readiness
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking a Senior Program Manager/Leader within the WW Business Process Re-Engineering organization. You will work with a globally dispersed cross-functional team to lead resources, prepare appropriate documentation based on the project size, define process improvement opportunities, delegate tasks to team members, effectively and clearly communicate project status, manage project risk, monitor the change readiness of the business as well as conduct post implementation audit reviews. You will oversee all aspects of project information including timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition, and provide oversight of a global portfolio of projects.
- Proven track record of leading strategic projects combined with the ability to execute at tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Experience planning, managing, delivering medium (6-8 month) to large (8-12+ month) projects.
- Proficient at handling multiple projects simultaneously in a global company.
- Proficient knowledge of the systems implementation and development life cycles. Proficient in business process flow diagramming.
- Solid ability to manage deadlines and meet cost constraints.
- Strong communication across project and management teams.
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent leadership skills that enhance project team effectiveness.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to facilitate Brainstorming sessions to gather requirements.
- Ability to perform robust business process analysis and recommend solution. Literacy with Numbers, Keynote, Pages, MS Word, MS Excel, and basic project planning tools.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with our business partners on the status of production issues and resolution strategy.
- Knowledge of application and enterprise architecture.
- Ability to build a collaborative, adaptive and matrixed team to provide process improvements and process documentations. Will require very tight integration with regional production support leads and/or WW.
- Extraordinary troubleshooting, communication, and documentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills required to serve diverse customer base and deal effectively with escalating issues.
- Some traveling is required
You will have the ability to lead medium to large size, global cross-functional projects. You will also be responsible for leading and identifying business process re- engineering opportunities. We are seeking an experienced people manager to run complex, global initiatives supporting Product Launch Readiness initiatives. You will be responsible for leading cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to define, build and roll-out innovative technology and business process solutions that increase efficiencies, reduce costs, improve customer satisfaction, and increase quality and/or throughput. This position requires this person to work with senior management and global teams to define processes and system roadmaps and drive improvements of the organization. This effort is directly linked to our product strategy and needs to be forward-looking. This may include: •Understanding future strategies and directions to anticipate needs •Building Internal and external expertise driving best practice and innovation •Situation analysis and audit of current organization / process / data and systems •Gap analysis of as-is vs. to-be •Proposing and driving new solutions that may be implemented WW or addressing local processes •Develop metrics such as cost savings, user acceptance, business impact, e.g. Apply analytical skills to help rationalize and inspire change Essential Duties and Responsibilities: •Serve as liaison to Operation teams to develop systems solutions (requirements, user testing, etc.) to support Launch Readiness programs. Partner with key cross-functional team members to solicit customer and associate feedback to identify program improvement opportunities for implementation •Drives the design, development, implementation and management of solutions for internal customers •Work with business leads to define and handle business process and technology roadmaps in support of long-term divisional strategies •Lead change. Implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach •Provide functional subject matter expertise •Run complex projects to major milestones. Develop project justification proposals, business cases and return on investment estimates; obtain executive approval and funding •Develop and maintain key project governance documentation to ensure the proper amount of structure is applied to enable project success •Gather and synthesize detailed, global business requirements and design specifications •Facilitate project-related testing, roll-out, and post-mortem work •Assess current and develop and implement future business processes. Apply analytical skills to rationalize change •Provide timely updates and elevate critical risks to project, management and senior- executive teams
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business & Economics, Operations or Industrial Engineering type field
- •Extraordinary project management skills with a maniacal attention to detail, and a solid ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
- •Experience working on projects for teams based outside the U.S.
- •Strong written and communication skills
- •Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- •Self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, matrixed, fast-paced environment
- •Knowledge of industry best practices, third-party providers, and technologies