Connected Media EPM Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Interactive Media Group provides the media, graphics, and audio software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, to Apple TV, iTunes, HomePod, Beats, and Mac. The IMG Engineering Project Management team is looking for a leader to manage the Engineering Project Managers responsible for the Connected Media (AirPlay/CarPlay) technology area. You will need strong system software fundamentals, excellent communication skills, proven leadership capabilities and a desire to work with an amazing team to develop ground-breaking products. You will work with our engineering teams to define, schedule, track and communicate status of all work taking place within those teams and manage projects that span multiple engineering groups.
- Proven track record of building and motivating a successful team
- - 5+ years experience leading complex, multi-functional software projects
- - Self-motivated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- - Able to pickup new technology quickly
- - Shown success in building relationships and influencing others
- - Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is essential
- - Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- - Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
This role involves both leading the Engineering Project Management team and hands on involvement driving projects for the Connected Media technology area. You will be responsible for working with our engineering and design teams to define new features, create project plans and track and communicate progress. You will partner with engineering leadership to set priorities and manage project execution. You are responsible for communication of project status at both the engineering and executive level. You need to be able to identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and effectively. This role requires exceptional skills in building and maintaining strong relationships in support of working cross functionally with other organizations within Apple and with 3rd parties. Understanding of software development and strong interest in user experience is a requirement. The ideal candidate enjoys challenging and innovative projects in a fast-paced environment.
Education & Experience
BS/MS (EE/CS/CE a plus)
- Experience developing and releasing a consumer product: mobile, media players, cloud services iOS and /or macOS development experience. Experience in wireless data transmission technologies. Experience with security/authentication and content security. Experience leading partner relationships.