Retail IS&T, Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, excellent ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we deliver products, technologies and services to inspire creativity and enrich lives. Apple has become one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the world. As such, we hold ourselves to the highest standards to deliver the best Retail experience second to no one. The IS&T Retail Engineering organization has the goal of providing an intuitive, seamless and inspiring customer experience interacting with our people, products and services. This Manager role will lead strategic projects by mobilizing key team members across both business and IS&T leaders to influence, drive and implement cutting edge retail concepts into reality.
- Knowledge of the Apple Retail environment - both people and technology
- Ability to drive and present results in diverse fast pace environments
- Able to clearly organize and inform through excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to lead, take action and provide goal-oriented direction in the face of ambiguity
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving ability with attention to detail
- Standout colleague with ability to partner at all levels of the organization
- Should be able to multi-task own activities across diverse business units and geographical boundaries
- Comfortable expressing a point of view and influencing change
- Knowledge of Apple core products and operating systems preferred
- Shown ability to identify and develop key employee talent
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing teams in a matrixed environment
The Manager role is responsible to inspire, mobilize and lead special projects with a focus on common deliverables, goals and timelines. This role will partner across Apple Leadership including IS&T, Retail (Online & Stores), Legal, Internal Audit, Engineering, Marketing, and Finance. You should possess the following strengths: Deal with Ambiguity: You should be comfortable and confident working in a dynamic environment, partnering with teams to move through the unknown. Flexibility when handling directional changes and ability to concurrently handle multiple large-scale programs. Confidence in the ability to listen and be patient with others — working across dynamic organizations will highlight differences on how Apple departments operate.
Education & Experience
Preferred candidate should have strong familiarity of Apple’s Engineering environment. Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of ten years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of experience Masters/MBA preferred.