Facilities Maintenance Technician
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Maintenance Technician is part of a dynamic Operations team, responsible for contributions towards the delivery of maintenance and repairs of the high-tech facilities and their systems. Ability to make decisions with an understanding of appropriate procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results. Passion and consistent record for working in Operations & Maintenance of building systems. Individual with direct working experience or appreciation for building trades and related construction. Being technologically skilled in working with iOS and macOS based applications, along with learning to utilize company systems, is preferred. We seek a self starter with an aptitude for completing tasks on time and a keen familiarity with MEP+F building systems. The ability to deliver at a high level of detail and work independently or with minimal supervision, is critical. Solid written and verbal communication skills, including timely and thorough reporting, are a must. A propensity for learning and maintaining company standards, in carrying out assigned responsibilities safely, diligently, and with integrity.
- 2 - 5 years of directly related experience
- General familiarity with building systems and technical infrastructure
- Experience working with small tools to carry out basic system or carpentry repairs
- Understanding of general mechanical and electrical principles
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced and sensitive environment
- Ability to read and analyze MEP+F engineering drawings to carry out job functions
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate with, or direct outside vendors and contractors
- Professional composure and awareness of customer service principles
- Solid overall technology familiarity, exposure, and willingness to apply in daily duties
- Must be available to work any day and be an on call representative for facilities.
- Solve problems and perform basic maintenance and engineering tasks and projects. - Adhere to, and assist with, refining O&M Standard Operating Procedures and strategies - Apply safety protocols and standard methodologies and ensure compliance by contractors and vendors - Recommend and implement improvements of preventive maintenance programs. - Coordinate maintenance and service efforts with contractors, vendors, and colleagues - Carry out service and small projects related to Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire systems - Assist team with incident reporting, service requests and work order processing to completion - Maintain professional communication with customers, contractors, vendors, and co-workers - Coordinate all service activities with impacted partners and to assure minimal down time - Respond to emergency situations and safe-off impacted systems in preparation for repair - Participate in inventory control of critical spare parts, including attic stock and small tools. - Ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards, and applicable procedures - Utilize company work order management system for tracking and completion of work tasks - Performs periodic inspections of building infrastructure and equipment - Ability to prepare detailed reports and initiate, complete, and close word orders
Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or GED is required. - Associates degree in a related field from an accredited institution, is preferred; and experience in a trade or technical service environment. - In lieu of an Associate's degree, an additional additional years of work experience in a trade or technical capacity can be substituted.