UNIX Systems Administrator
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Retail Technology is looking for an individual to help support Apple Retail. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of UNIX and Mac OS X server administration. Experience with virtual- ization, creative production services, application servers and systems monitoring is a must. Daily responsibilities include maintaining the technical integrity of solutions; the updating of systems; identifying, troubleshooting and resolving issues for end users and project stakeholders; deploying and documenting environments and systems; designing and executing reports on system; writing automation to enable support personnel to provide assistance with issue resolution; helping to iden- tify customer business issues and the technologies to resolve them.
- Minimum 3 years UNIX systems administration experience including support of internet- facing servers and applications with focus on creative production services.
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- Well-versed in aspects of creative production services including video, photo, web lay- out, Media Asset Management systems, and motion graphic post production workflows, ideally having worked in a creative marketing organization as a systems administrator.
- General understanding of video and photo file types, frame rates, transcodes, tech specs, etc. as it relates to server/storage and compression used by technical teams.
- Ability to perform multiple roles as part of a small IT team including: systems and data- base administration, project management, business technology consultant, automation engineer, and more.
- Working knowledge of multi-tier applications and their dependencies including load balancing, TCP/IP networking, web services, LDAP and DNS.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Sensu, Nagios and Splunk
- Experience with Chef or similar automation frameworks.
- Proficiency with file servers, including NAS and SAN, and associated protocols to serve files across a network: NFS, SMB, Xsan and AFP.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing justifications, train- ing users in complex topics, writing status reports, documenting procedures, and inter- acting positively with other staff and management.
- Must be capable of independent problem-solving and self-direction.
- Deftness to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Capability to easily change priorities as the business dictates.
- Basic knowledge of dev ops principles and AGILE development practices, tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge of business continuity planning / disaster recovery processes, procedures and best practices a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Administer production, staging, test and development environments for a myriad of ap- plications in an agile organization. Provide training, support and guidance to end users, other administrators, and technical support teams Respond to escalated support requests via a ticketing system Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation Proactively evaluate new products, vendor patches and releases. Provide input to improve the stability, security, efficiency and scalability of systems Administer and ensure the proper execution of backup systems Provide 24x7 on-call support to handle urgent escalations
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred Program or Project Management certificate (PMP, PgMP, SAPM or other) preferred