Full Stack Software Engineer - News
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Apple News team at Apple and help us create a great user experience around news that delight millions of customers every day. As a full stack engineer, you will be working with our editorial and analytics teams to build the tools that power Apple News.
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting Web services in Java and Spring
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as Cassandra and Solr
- Experience with message or event driven architectures (such as RabbitMQ or Kafka)
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with serialization systems, e.g. Protobuf / Thrift
- Familiarity with git, Jenkins, CICD
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team on high profile, critical projects
We’re looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer to join the team working on the tools that we use internally to power Apple News. Capacity to work in a highly collaborative environment is required. The ideal candidate has experience with Java and Ember.js, has a keen eye for usability, and thrives on improving the design and architecture of a large system.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required; advanced degree preferred.