Global Sourcing Manager - Retail Marketing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Global Sourcing Manager (GSM) responsible for Marketing will partner with internal business groups (such as Advertising, Sales, Retail, Apple Media Products, HR, etc.), to purchase technology and services for designing, developing and delivering innovative brand strategies and content.
- Know the world of advertising media content creation and delivery in order to develop long-term sourcing strategies that incorporate the latest industry trends and evolving market forces.
- Be fluent in the language of social media. Understand how to measure the performance of social media strategies and how performance translates to brand value.
- Enable internal marketing teams by establishing cost benchmarks and cost models for the delivery of creative services.
- Establish strategic relationships with agency partners and be able to identify, develop and nurture new agency partners that have unique capabilities or a world-wide presence.
- Negotiate commercial terms and write contracts to secure creative talent and define deliverables that meet Apple’s exacting requirements.
- Bridge the gap between creative teams, procurement and finance to achieve uncompromising results at the most competitive cost.
Partner with Apple’s Retail team to develop a roster of creative agencies to support the Today-at-Apple campaign. Establish criteria for new agencies to be evaluated. Develop relationships with existing agencies. Document and measure performance by conducting periodic business reviews. Coordinate with Marketing to write creative briefs and present Request for Proposals (RFPs) to qualified agencies. Collect, analyze and evaluate RFP’s in order to establish the market value of the goods and/or services being purchased. Negotiate and write contracts for the goods/services. Approve purchase requisition and manage purchase orders as required. Develop a world-wide category procurement strategy based market research and competitive analysis. Work with other Procurement category leads to develop and implement industry best-practices for the acquisition of creative services, (such as job descriptions, briefs, definitions of deliverables, cost benchmarks).
Education & Experience
BA/BS + 4 years of experience in purchasing, master’s degree or MBA is a plus
- Equivalent experience in Marketing / Agency Operations or Finance considered
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated track record working cross-functionally in a creative field
- Extensive contract writing and negotiating experience
- Periodic travel is expected