Software Engineer, Product Systems - Apple Online Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you have a passion to solve interesting challenges? Are you willing to take risks and push boundaries? Do you embrace the fact that the team owns the code from conception to deployment? If the answer is YES! - then we want to talk with you. You will have the opportunity to get involved and push the Online Store to new contemporary solutions, build and deliver systems directly impacting and improving the scale and robustness of the Apple Online Store in particular for Product Data induction, vending and management. As a Sr Software Engineer/Architect, you will contribute to design one of the largest e-commerce systems in the world, touching close to 40 countries in 14+ languages across multi-platforms, including Web, Mobile (iOS) and In-App eCommerce platforms. Your focus will be on architecting and building high performance, reliable, transparent services. This really is the opportunity to make your mark and impact the experience of millions of online shoppers.
- - Strong technical leadership skills to lead large scale initiatives implemented by cross-functional teams that meet market needs with respect to functionality, maintainability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to best engineering practices, principles and recognized industry standards.
- - Demonstrated experience designing, developing and deploying in fast paced environment embracing agile practices like SCRUM/LEAN and SCRUM-BAN.
- - Minimum of 10 years of experience in a professional software development environment.
- - 3+ years of Cassandra or related NoSQL experience.
- - 3+ years of Spark or Hadoop experience
- - 5+ years of experience working within geo distributed teams plus.
- - 4+ years working with message oriented architecture like JMS, AMQP, or equivalent
- - In-depth knowledge in designing server-side web applications.
- - Experience in object-oriented programming (Java, J2EE, Spring or other MVC framework), Service Oriented Architectures, and database schema design, and large scale platform technologies such as Cassandra, Solr, Oracle, etc.
- - Strong problem solving and debugging skills are required.
- - Participate and actively involved in team and organization wide architecture discussions.
- - Experience with BPMN 2.0 is a definite plus.
- - Knowledge of or experience with Search Solr, Spring Batch is a definite plus.
- - Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- - Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Apple, Inc is looking for a highly motivated, passionate senior software engineer and/or architect to join the Apple Online Store Product Systems Engineering team. You will deliver projects aimed at improving the hugely successful Apple Online Store. We are looking for a self-starting, energetic individual with very strong leadership and technical capabilities. The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in delivering tools and services that simplify workflows and business processes as the backbone for business to successfully operate. As part of the AOS Product Systems Engineering team, your responsibilities include working closely with our team both internal and across other functions and to lead and deliver world-class engineering products in an exciting fast-paced environment. The selected candidate will not be afraid to question assumptions and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant industry experience or equivalent is required.