Engineering Program Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about how human judgement can be used in machine learning? Do you have experience with gathering data from human participants or leading data annotation projects? Do you want to work on the most compelling artificial intelligence experiences at Apple? We are looking for creative, customer-focused and technical program managers who are passionate about the intersection of user experience, machine learning and engineering. As part of Apple's centralized artificial intelligence and machine learning team, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly with machine learning researchers and annotation teams to generate high-quality datasets used to train the Apple's most advanced machine learning models.
- 4+ years of experience leading complex programs, software development or product management; leading annotation projects preferred
- Experience with engaging human graders to generate verified annotations/labels for use in machine learning
- Demonstrated customer-focus with enthusiasm and empathy to support customers at all phases of delivery
- Ability to identify customer needs and translate them into program or product requirements
- Excellent communication, organizational, collaboration and data analysis skills
- Some proficiency in scripting languages, such as Python, for data analysis is strongly desired
- Experience in human factors, HCI, usability or cognitive studies is desired
As a key individual contributor of our team, you will have the following opportunities: Collaborate closely with machine learning and software engineers to design programs to acquire and generate machine learning datasets Work with engineering and design team to create user interfaces and training materials for human graders to annotate data Define and lead the processes for Apple to apply human judgement annotations to machine learning methods Develop strong relationships with all product teams at Apple to understand needs and support their initiatives
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Location can be in Pittsburgh, Cupertino or Seattle.