Designer - AI/ML
Seattle, Washington, United States
Imagine what you could make at Apple. Great ideas have a way of becoming innovative products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s core AI team is looking for a designer to help define the next generation of Apple experiences. Over the last two decades, the machine learning researchers have made amazing progress. Computers can recognize speech, diagnose cancer, and drive cars. Computers can do things that we could barely imagine years ago. At Apple we view any new technology as an opportunity to enrich people’s lives. How can we use machine learning to make beautiful products — products that help people live happier, healthier, more fulfilling lives? How do we create a future where automation expands the scope of human creativity and ambition?
- Experience with interface principles, typography and color theory
- General awareness of materials and textures
- Ability to create design systems by taking complex problems and decomposing them to their essential parts
- Experience writing and communicating design ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
This designer will be responsible for working with product teams to understand the challenges of building products that use machine learning. The designer will also work with Apple’s design teams to craft new design guidelines and user experiences for machine learning based products. The designer should have an interdisciplinary sensibility toward graphic, product, and digital media design along with an exceptional eye for detail.
Education & Experience
- Experience working on products that make use of machine learning
- Ability to write code
- Experience with communication and marketing design