Manager, Visual Merchandising Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
Merchandising is a crucial part of our customer experience, showcasing our hero products, accessories and services through best-in-class product display. We take pride in developing the best merchandising in the marketplace to the highest standards, partnering with our talented cross-functional and store teams to provide our customers a best-in-class experience. The Manager, Visual Merchandising Operations (VMO) is responsible for managing and leading the VMO team responsible for creation, development, and in-store implementation for visual merchandising elements, demo, and graphics. Supporting our merchandising strategy, VMO is responsible for ideation for creative briefs, alignment with cross-functional stakeholders, development of concepts and prototypes, and managing budgets and vendor logistics. Partners with key stakeholders to create the optimal store layout, balancing experience, brand, store operations, and finance.
- Proven experience with process development, project management, problem solving & strategic thinking.
- Drive for innovation and experience leading strategic planning and project management initiatives.
- Supply Chain Management, vendor management or creative/product development experience.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, while simultaneously operating at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Ability to interface independently with vendors and cross-functional teams. Comfort presenting to senior leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong aesthetic, visual design and presentation skills. Excel and Keynote proficiency required.
- Ability to identify talent and build effective teams with a focus of people development.
- 10-12 years of experience; 3-5 years of leadership experience
- BA/BS or equivalent degree
Leadership: Manage a team of 3+ individuals. Each team member is responsible for different aspects and partnerships within elements, graphics, demo, and store layouts. Part of the WW Extended Merchandising Leadership, and partners closely with Visual Merchandising, Product Merchandising, Field & Engagement teams. People Development: Coach and develop team members, including training and on-boarding. Budget Planning & Management: Oversee process for annual visual merchandising budget. Partner with Finance on weekly basis to review targets vs. actuals, and evolve XF collaboration. Brief Management: Manage a team that owns end-to-end process for all Merchandising-driven visual elements and demo briefs for worldwide Retail stores. Manage the brief content, timeline of milestones, creative development, prototyping budgets, and implementation of elements. Communicate strategy and scope on a regular basis to leadership and partner teams. Vendor Management: Work with vendors to forecast element needs, manage BOMs, track lead-times, and drive process improvements. Maintain visual elements forecasts and distribution lists, and align with Finance on the PO process. Conduct quarterly / annual business reviews with key vendors. Operations: Oversee new store opening and new country opening readiness and process improvement. Manage team that forecasts and delivers in-store implementation of worldwide visual supplies and graphics. Store Readiness: Maintain element distribution lists and store records. Improve tools and innovate systems for more efficient, secure and scalable solutions. Field Support: In partnership with Field Merchandising, build first-in-class merchandising set-up guides. Evolve guides based on store feedback and learnings. Manage FAQs and Escalators. Issue comprehensive store communications and participate in alignment meetings. Participate in overnight merchandising sets in stores, as well as regular store visits. Support new store openings through various deliverables.