Trademark Counsel (clearance, prosecution, enforcement)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple Inc. is seeking a Trademark Attorney with a minimum of four years of experience to be based in Sunnyvale, CA.
- At least one state bar membership.
- Experience in trademark clearance, prosecution, and enforcement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work well in a fast moving environment.
- Strong business sense and ability to exercise sound commercial as well as legal judgment.
- Self-starter who can learn quickly and has the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Takes initiative in achieving results.
- Experience in technology and consumer electronics industries preferred.
You should have experience in trademark matters with an emphasis on domestic and international clearance, prosecution, and enforcement, as well as experience managing a global trademark portfolio. You should also have experience leading complex global disputes, and be able to solve highly complex issues in creative and effective ways, while maintaining an acceptable level of legal risk.
Education & Experience
Law degree from an ABA accredited law school and strong academic credentials.