Legal Counsel - Health Deals
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you passionate about creating powerful health tools and improving the lives of others? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we quickly turn new ideas into extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Bring your passion and dedication to Apple, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are Apple's Products Law Group. We have a new opportunity for a talented lawyer like you to join our team of diverse, creative, and passionate people. Join a group of attorneys supporting the development of Apple’s health products and work with Apple’s engineering, marketing, operations, clinical, and regulatory teams to help create and introduce Apple products and services to the world.
- You have 4 to 6 years of strong transactional experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial, licensing, development, consulting, service, research, and clinical trials agreements in healthcare, academic, pharmaceutical, or medical device settings
- Experience with intellectual property, regulatory, and data issues, including local, state, federal, and international laws related to human subjects research, HIPAA and similar worldwide privacy laws, other big data initiatives, medical devices, and digital health tools. Experience with healthcare delivery and reimbursement mechanisms and regulations also beneficial
- You can advise and counsel business teams and executive management on complex legal and regulatory risks, including issues related to human subjects research, data privacy, acquisition, development and licensing of intellectual property, and product marketing and distribution
- You foster and facilitate teamwork by cultivating relationships, counseling, collaborating, and effectively communicating with teammates and cross-functional partners
- Your communication and analytical skills are strong, and you can assess and articulate complex and nuanced legal risks in “plain English”
- You can navigate and resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways while displaying sharp business insight and analytical skills
- Some travel required
In this role, you will join a team of attorneys in the Products Law Group who support global business partners across Apple that are developing its health technologies, products, and services. You will collaborate with other legal groups and advise executives and their engineering, marketing, operations, clinical, and regulatory business teams on research collaborations and partnerships and human subjects research. You will draft and negotiate complex agreements facilitating the design, development, and distribution of Apple’s health technologies. You will also advise and work with external and internal institutional review boards and draft and review study protocols and informed consents.
Education & Experience
Requires a JD degree, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one state bar.