HomePod Lead Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Work and contribute towards the engineering of Apple HomePod technologies in the Interactive Media Group (IMG) at Apple. IMG provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, iTunes, and macOS. Developing cutting-edge software techniques, IMG takes the media experience to the next level.
- 3 years of experience in testing media software and developing automation
- Experience in Wireless Data Transmission testing
- Proficiency in Python, Perl and/or shell scripting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly
- Solid knowledge of various video and audio media formats
- Familiarity with iOS, macOS, Unix, and Xcode
We are looking for an outstanding software quality engineer with a strong technical background and understanding of Media and Wi-Fi technologies. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and conducting tests for HomePod product in the IMG Quality Engineering group at Apple. Your focus will be to develop, maintain and execute HomePod feature and functional test plans across a variety of network topologies to ensure the highest quality of HomePod functionality before it reaches our customers’ hands. Testing will comprise of Functional, Feature, Regression testing and Automation development. Automation will be a big part and key to this role’s success. You will be also responsible for the development of methodical testing strategies, creating & tracking high quality bug reports, and reporting on project progress & risk analysis. You will work very closely with the HomePod development, project management and cross-functional QA teams to ensure great quality for this amazing product.
Education & Experience
BS in computer science or equivalent experience.