Camera & Photos - Lab Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Camera & Photos Infrastructure team is seeking a results driven and meticulously organized lab engineer to manage a fleet of Apple devices used to test performance and reliability. We work across iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and macOS. This position will provide an opportunity to work with the latest Apple hardware and software and is part of a rapidly growing technical organization. In this position you will be responsible for supporting lab automation infrastructure used by the Camera & Photos QA and Engineering organization. The ideal candidate will be a motivated and service oriented individual, with a passion for infrastructure and organization. You must thrive on working with multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment that fosters growth, teamwork and innovation.
- 2-3 years experience testing or supporting Apple products
- Strong proficiency in Mac OS X or iOS
- Good knowledge of Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with using/administrating macOS, iOS, tvOS
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to plan and communicate priorities to management
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Experience operating and troubleshooting equipments in a lab environment.
- Collaborate with other team members as well as work independently.
- Ability to complete assigned work requests and manage multiple deadlines.
- Experience with photography
Maintaining a fleet of hundreds of tvOS/iOS/macOS devices and peripherals across multiple labs, ensure devices and systems are up and available for testing iOS/macOS hardware installs, debugging and trouble shooting device hardware/software failures Developing scripts for automation Provide support to SW Engineering in debugging devices Support imaging lab maintenance and improvement (such as scene setup; light, motor etc) and motivated to do lab/field data collection (image, video clip) using in-house data collection tools; This position has a regularly scheduled on-call rotation.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in technical field, such as computer science or engineering
- Knowledge of Salt, Puppet, Ansible or other configuration management tools a plus