Camera & Photos - DevOps Administrator
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Camera & Photos Infrastructure team is seeking a results driven and highly motivated DevOps Administrator to join our team. This individual will be responsible for working with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to understand, augment, and implement the systems, processes, and tools that are used for the quality software business. Responsible for provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure deployment and maintenance of a multi-OS environment including Unix and Linux systems. A successful candidate will be a generalist, having good experience managing HPC (high performance computing critical servers), services and an interactive Unix/Linux environments. Exposure to performance Linux, OS X and iOS troubleshooting, automation is highly desirable.
- 5+ years of UNIX/Linux system administration in large heterogenous environments
- Demonstrated understanding of UNIX/Linux flavors (Linux, BSD, etc.)
- Strong understanding of networking and network technologies (TCP/IP networks, Firewalls, Proxies, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard Unix applications and services such as Apache, Postfix/Sendmail, etc.
- Experience with virtualization platforms and distributed environments such as Mesos or Kubernetes
- Experience with operations within HPC and/or Machine Learning environments
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Preferably Python, Bash)
- Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and high attention to detail
- The ability to analyze problems, quickly develop creative solutions, while adapting to a dynamic environment.
- Related technology certification preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware including servers, workstations
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and execute flawlessly in stressful situations
The purpose of the role is to ensure that Apple’s Camera & Photos systems are managed with the highest level of proactive management to maximizing uptime for Apple’s mission critical delivery systems. Must be able to work in a fast and agile environment. Desire to learn and contribute to our Automation, and supervising labs. Perform scheduled system maintenance activities including hardware & software upgrades and application upgrade/patching Installation of general software updates, security updates, and service packs for the OS on both server and desktop environments. You should be comfortable working with Unix/Linux server environments attached to enterprise class storage.
Education & Experience
Educational background and/or experience related to Applied Information Technology or similar disciplines preferred
- Working knowledge in installation, configuration and maintenance of QNAP servers Experience in enterprise level deployments including: Web and Data Servers, Virtualization platforms, HPC, desktops, database, NFS, FTP solutions, etc. is a plus