Site Reliability Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Interative Media Group (IMG) is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead administration of our automated test labs, as well as a small number of internal web-services. Day-to-day responsibilities will include supporting the configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of servers, as well as test-machines used to power automated testing. We're looking for candidates that will automate these processes rather than do them twice. This is an unusual opportunity to join a growing team and deeply influence the quality of Apple's products.
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Expertise configuring and troubleshooting desktop and/or mobile systems
- Experience with web and application servers like Apache and Tomcat
- Admin experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL ideally)
- Experience in the management of monitoring tools such as Splunk and Grafana
- Experience with configuration managers such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Deep understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, the OSI Model, networking and load balancing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly
You will be part of a small, talented and motivated team that operates like a startup within Apple. In this role you will configure, maintain and monitor a fleet of servers and test machines that serve as a critical part of IMG’s internal infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be innovative, organized, a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, and have a keen attention to detail. If you would describe yourself as scrappy, you’re likely to be a good fit.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years of relevant work experience