Cellular Software Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the "Wireless Technology and Eco-system (WTE)” organization and be part of an elite team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, supporting people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Minimum 5~10 years hands on experience in wireless development/system engineering
- Strong Software Engineering skills including design, programming (C or C++, script) and debugging
- Strong knowledge of LTE Access Stratum and/or Non-Access Stratum layers.
- Experience in 5G NR and LTE D2D is a strong plus.
- Broad spectrum of knowledge to be able to understand end-to-end network system architecture from wireless physical layer all the way up to application end-point.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive with a focus on solving everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Attention to the smallest details that are significant to customers.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Apple’s Cellular Software team is seeking talented, highly motivated and disciplined engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core cellular technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines. We are passionate about keeping our users connected 24/7 wherever they go. This team takes pride in not just coming up with proven software designs but also in disrupting traditional models of the cellular ecosystem. We do whatever it takes to bring user experience to the next level. Our members enjoy the flexibility to work on all aspects of Cellular Protocol software - SIM, NAS, AS and iOS interfaces, to come up with the best possible solution for any given problem. Are you equally passionate about cellular technologies and have the dream to work on groundbreaking cellular technologies? Then we are looking for you. As part of this team you will impact iPhone user experience in 100+ countries.
Education & Experience
Master/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent majors