Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Platform Infrastructure Engineering (PIE) team is building the next generation tools empowering Apple’s software developers to build the products our customers love. We're a fast moving, highly skilled agile team designing and building a continuous integration and delivery system that Apple’s server-side developers use to build, test and deploy their products with. Our system has to scale globally, stay highly available, and "just work”. That's a tall order, and we're looking to add more talented and passionate engineers who love challenges. If you feel like you'd love to join this amazing team, we'd love to hear from you.
- - Strong system level programming including scripting in languages like Python/Ruby/Go/Perl and shell scripting.
- - Good system level understanding of Linux (RedHat derivatives).
- - Virtual machines, containers and tools like Vagrant and Docker.
- - CI Solutions: Jenkins, Team-City, Travis, Circle, Go or others.
- - Build tools: Gradle, Maven, Ant, Make, Rake, Grunt, Gulp, Ninja, Blaze/Bazel, Pants or others.
- - Artifact management solution: Artifactory, Nexus.
- - Source control management solutions: SVN, git, Github, Gitlab, Stash or others.
- - Deployment systems: EC2, Heroku, Engine Yard, App Engine. Configuration management systems: Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt.
Know how to read and write code. Love automation and tooling and believe they play a critical role in software development. Have the ability to design and deploy scalable, distributed systems. Be familiar with continuous integration and delivery. Be curious about how systems work and how they fail. Be eager to learn new technologies and solutions. Love open source and collaboration. Be detail oriented. Perfectionists also highly successful within these roles. Be a team-mate, a student, and a mentor.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent