Sr. Manager, Client & Collaboration Services
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Client & Collaboration Services team is responsible for the productivity and efficiency of Apple’s employees. As a Manager on this team you will be responsible for leading the design, delivery and service management of key applications Apple employees use every day. Beyond that, you’ll bring your best influencing skills to bear so that business partners across Apple join your vision for the most customer-centric results possible.
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting global collaboration solutions for content & file management, chat, project management etc.
- Dedicated, motivated, self-driven problem solver who can work in a fast paced environment where multiple releases are a fact of life
- Track record of running high-performance teams including full time employees and contractors. Ability to mature a development organization through productive critique, evangelism, guiding, training, learning, and coaching; grow available resources to maximize both individual potential and group output
- Demonstrated skills with a variety of development methodologies and ability to adapt these to the needs of an organization using Agile processes. Understanding of software development lifecycle, DevOps (build, continuous integration, deployment tools) and best practices
- Expertise with supporting 3rd party and home built applications in multi-datacenter on-prem and cloud environments with demanding up-time, real-time performance, and security requirements
- Experience implementing and administering logging, telemetry, alerting and monitoring tools like Splunk
- Systems configuration management experience with automation tools such as Ansible and managing source in git, CI build tools such as Jenkins
- Understanding of both front-end and back-end web technologies: HTTP(S), PHP, XML, JSON, CSS solutions based on Java
- Experience with service oriented architecture, REST based services and orchestration of APIs for web and mobile applications
- Excellent multi-functional skills
- Strong communication, both written and verbal, including the ability to work well with people from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Experience designing applications using a modular Object-Oriented approach. Knowledge of secure coding practices, compliance, open-source technologies and frameworks
- Experience in Tableau, Machine Learning and predictive analytics is a plus
- Resource planning and fiscal year planning experience very useful
- 5+ years of experience in leading engineering teams
- 7+ years of experience in architecting, designing and developing enterprise-grade scalable software
Are you highly motivated and a passionate leader that can design and implement 3rd party products as well as integrate them with internally built services? Can you influence multiple partners as well as lead the user change management? Join the Collaboration Services team as a Manager to bring engineering and operational excellence to the forefront of all our global enterprise solutions. To meet these goals, you’ll possess strong verbal & written communication skills as well as being self-motivated, driven, detail oriented, hands-on, and a strong technology leader. An aptitude for architecture, design, development, and deployment of both custom and software package based solutions will also serve you well. Developing a proven record for managing, motivating and providing technical guidance to a team of software engineers to bring out their best work will be key to success. Ensuring quality in every deliverable, creative thinking, strong problem solving, and the ability to collaborate with other cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment will be important attributes to possess. This is an excellent opportunity to bring efficiency and structure to the team.
Education & Experience
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field plus 10+ years software DevOps experience or MS degree plus equivalent DevOps experience.
- • We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will work with us to build an extraordinary development team. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- • We are looking for a great teammate who is excited to work with members having highly diverse technical backgrounds. We prefer extremely good communication skill and someone to be self-motivated in pursuing the objective goals.
- • Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.