HomeKit Partner Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iOS Home team provides the foundation that enables an entire ecosystem of secure and intelligent home connectivity. We are developing technologies and crafting experiences that revolutionize the way people interact with the accessories around them. The team is seeking an experienced professional to drive the worldwide adoption of HomeKit by working closely with our partners to bring a wide array of products that Work with Apple HomeKit.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in working with external partners and vendors to deliver customer facing products and services
- Good understanding of wireless technologies. Knowledge of IoT protocols (ZWave, Zigbee) is a bonus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- You are passionate for product quality and pay attention to detail
- You have the ability to think strategically in driving internal stakeholders to a consensus on important issues, and have a track record of initiating and influencing change within large organizations
- Persuasive and effective at interacting with all organization levels of a partner organization, from developers to C-level
- You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive partners to deliver excellent results for time critical issues.
- You have the ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You are comfortable with writing technical specifications
As an Partner Engineer on our team, your primary responsibility is to work directly with partners to deliver HomeKit enabled products to end users. You will be expected to have a good understanding of the HomeKit specification and also of the certification processes. You will also be expected to propose and define new ideas, e.g. features or new accessory categories, and champion their inclusion in future iOS releases and then drive adoption in the ecosystem. In addition to partner organizations, you will work closely with other iOS engineering teams, human interface designers, different groups across Apple. This role also requires occasional travel (~15%) Our goals are simple but the task is large; create the most amazing home automation experience on the planet that our customers will love. WWDC 2018: https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/231/
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.