DCM Production Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Online Store is seeking a web savvy content professional to join the Digital Content Management (DCM) Production team. As a DCM Production Specialist, you'll be responsible for programming and maintaining marketing and product catalog content for the Apple Online and Mobile Stores, worldwide. Your main responsibility is the execution of day-to-day product and merchandising updates to the stores, ensuring quality results while meeting aggressive turnaround deadlines. You will be expected to maintain clean, accurate, well-organized, structured content and product data. You are directly responsible for coordinating production processes, executing updates, and maintaining content shown on web and mobile app Apple Stores. You will play an integral role in supporting and preserving the high quality online shopping experience that is expected from Apple. You have web production experience, you love technology, are deeply detailed, seek perfection, a problem-solver at heart, and thrive under pressure. You are comfortable taking care of ambiguity, are technically-minded, and take time to study and understand the essence and underlying structure of systems/problems. You are able to understand and resolve complex technical web/database issues.
- 3-5 years of experience in technology, operations, e-commerce and/or customer support organization.
- HTML and CSS proficiency
- Understanding of e-commerce site architecture and maintenance.
- Comfort with complex database structures and queries.
- Flourish with ambiguity and constant change.
- Work well in an environment with aggressive deadlines, while maintaining data integrity and accuracy.
- Be willing and able to accommodate flexible work schedule during critical business periods.
- Exhibit high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous e-commerce production experience preferred.
- Foreign language fluency is a plus.
- Adobe Scene7 experience.
- Execute and maintain product launch and merchandising/program content featured on the Apple Stores, across multiple geos/platforms (both online and on the mobile app), via online store content management applications. - Day-to-day creation of merchandising assets, product pages, and campaign pages. Run versioning of content and image assets across multiple languages and customer segments. - Quality assurance of product information, content, and images displayed on the online store. - Build and maintain documentation. - Independently identify and resolve a wide variety of code integrity and tools issues, and handle with internal and external teams to drive timely resolution. - Support testing and implementation of new web store features and functionality improvements. - Identify and drive ways to improve production processes and quality of assets delivered. Actively validate own work to ensure quality. - Stay up to speed on new content management systems and feature improvements to existing tools. - Support regional DCM Production Specialists in UK, Singapore, and Japan.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree, or equivalent