Quality Assurance Lead Tester
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Shared Services QA team is looking for a motivated, creative, and quality results focused individual to join our team. You will be assigned to ensuring the successful execution of the Business Testing (BT) phase of specific programs and initiatives that are being deployed and supported by the Support Programs organization. This position can be located in Austin, Texas or Elk Grove, California
- Minimum 4+ years experience as a Quality Assurance Tester.
- QA experience outside of AppleCare and/or QA certifications is strongly preferred.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, disciplined and creative thinker committed to driving quality forward.
- Experience with functional, regression and user experience/acceptance testing required.
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes. Able to work effectively in both Agile and Waterfall project environments.
- Self starter and motivator with good communications skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate proactively within various levels of team environments.
- Proven ability to assess business needs, prioritize accordingly and escalate appropriately.
- Able to effectively communicate and collaborate with remote team members. Can occasionally work outside standard business hours.
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and implement QA best practices.
- Takes initiative to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Strong emphasis on exploration discovery and communication of software defects.
- Ability to leverage best practices, professional concepts and organizational objectives to resolve complex issues and achieve successful outcomes.
- Focused on both current work and its future impact. Takes initiative to communicate potential future problems and develops plan to resolve them when appropriate.
- Is consistently curious and personally driven by innovative solutions to technical and non-technical challenges.
- Demonstrates both foresight and flexibility in managing the testing of multiple simultaneous projects. Is skilled in adjusting to late changes and smartly redirecting testing efforts
- Takes ownership of responsibilities seriously and consistently demonstrates integrity in their work ethic and output.
- Advocates for achieving excellence in all things but able to smartly prioritize work and triage problems discovered during testing to achieve the best outcome possible.
- Experience with leading and coordinating testing efforts that include both internal and contract employees.
- Experience understanding and/or testing with APIs.
- Experience with contact center operations, processes, and various methods of communication (Phone, Email, Chat, SMS).
- Localization experience is considered a plus.
The purpose of this role is to utilize an individual’s education, training and previous experience doing Quality Assurance & localization work to assist in the testing and implementation of Contact Center projects. The candidate’s background might include experience as an AppleCare Contact Center Advisor and in-depth knowledge of the procedures, processes, and tools, but this is not a requirement for the position. Ideal candidate would have a strong understanding of what parts of a software product need testing and the ability to judge the risk of unknown problems based on known problems. Creative thinker and problem solver, who can collaborate well with others.
Education & Experience
BS/BA or equivalent experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.