Software Engineer in Test - Maps on Web
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Maps team is looking for highly motivated QA engineer who will be responsible for the delivery and execution of tests to help make maps work seamlessly on the web. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of core web technologies, a solid understanding of how web browsers work, programming expertise, and proficiency with web developer tools for various browsers. We are a team that conceptualizes, iterates, and executes new features on an ongoing basis.This group is one of the few generalist teams in Maps that doesn’t require deep domain expertise in an area of mapping!
- Experience with web testing tools & frameworks such as Selenium, Mocha etc
- Strong knowledge of the web technology stack (HTTP, WebSockets, cookies, asset loading / caching)
- Experience with REST/JSON APIs automation
- Experience in one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g. Python, Java)
- Experience testing large scale web applications and with cross browser compatibility testing.
- Source control and build tools experience with GIT, Jenkins.
- Strengths in SQA methodologies, feature coverage analysis & commitment to quality
This role encompasses a diverse set of responsibilities which includes enhancing current testing infrastructure and validating builds and deployments for maps on web releases. You’ll also work closely with the development team to design and implement new tools, in order to continuously improve both the quality of the product and the processes of the team. This is a hands-on role for someone who enjoys taking initiative and is comfortable working with cross functional teams. The person filling this position must be a proactive, self-motivated test developer with great communication skills and a desire to succeed in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Additional Requirements Knowledge of one or more of these areas would be valuable but not required: Understanding of network layers Understanding of network security fundamentals / security testing Performance testing
Education & Experience
MS or BS in Computer Science with 2 or more years of experience.