CoreMedia Export Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including Mac, iPhone, AppleTV, iPad and iPod, as well as professional and consumer applications from Final Cut to iMovie, Photos and iTunes. Our team is responsible for providing software services enabling clients to operate on linear audiovisual media. This includes local media playback, video-on-demand and live streaming of multimedia content. Our media engine is used across Apple products such as iTunes, Safari, QuickTime Player, TV and Music on iOS as well as 3rd party applications. Our team is looking for a software engineer with a strong technical and programming background. Experience in development and debugging of large software systems and/or significant components of such systems is desired, with a focus on media export and playback pipelines.
- 6+ years working as part of a software development team
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have experience with real-time multithreaded programming
- You are proficient in C/C++
- You have strong object-oriented programming skills.
- You have excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- You have experience with media processing and transcode pipelines.
- You have experience with video and audio processing pipelines.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You have an ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
- You have an understanding of ISO BMFF (MPEG-4) container format
- DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- You have experience using the CoreFoundation, AVFoundation or CoreMedia frameworks or equivalent technologies is a plus
- You have experience analyzing and optimizing software performance, both to improve speed and efficiency and to reduce power consumption*
- You are familiar with Objective-C, Swift and Xcode is a plus
- iOS and/or macOS software development experience preferred
You are a proactive, detail-oriented professional with excellent communication skills and you are comfortable in a fast-paced environment. The role requires the ability to help design, build and troubleshoot media services for playback and export. You will follow good software development practices and put strong emphasis on producing high-quality, well-tested software. You will interface and collaborate with various teams to come up with innovative, clean and maintainable solutions that can be delivered in a timely manner. You must thrive in a high-paced environment and you are also expected to contribute to reference software implementation of Mp4 format features.
Education & Experience
Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent