Sr. User Interface Engineer, Video Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Video Applications group develops leading media creation apps including Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, Motion, Compressor and Clips. We have an extraordinary opportunity on our Compressor team for a highly competent UI engineer with expertise in developing features across media applications. Do you have experience crafting elegant UI solutions and are comfortable interfacing with the low-level data model? Are you versed in coding in both Objective-C and C++? Then we invite you to explore this opportunity. In this role you will help refine our video creation software by combining your passion for UI design and engineering expertise to develop & maintain key product features.
- 5+ years of commercial software experience
- Extensive AppKit and/or UIKit experience
- Strong C++, Objective-C, and Cocoa programming experience
- Passion for designing and coding user interfaces
- Good sense of UI design, highly user-oriented, and obsess over details
- Experience debugging and improving user interface responsiveness
- Solid object-oriented design experience, and demonstrated knowledge of software development processes such as feature design, estimation, development, and maintenance
- Experience maintaining a framework
The Compressor team is responsible for managing video encoding, export, and share across all of our video creation applications. The high-quality videos created with our pro-level desktop applications, and output by Compressor, are viewed everywhere from mobile videos in YouTube all the way to high-end broadcast TV and in theaters around the world. As an engineer on the Compressor team you’ll help design and build the next set of features within our products and shared framework. You will collaborate with other engineers, design and QA teams to create amazing user experiences. This is an extraordinary opportunity to make key contributions to some of Apple’s flagship applications that reach millions of users.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science