Big Data Database Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we are looking for a passionate NoSQL Engineer to help handle the large scale data store environments. This team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions to ever growing business and data processing needs. You can go to the depths to tackle complex problems and have the curiosity to explore and learn new technologies for innovative solutions. If you love to solve internet scale challenges then this is the right job for you. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Strong hands-on experience in SOLR/Elastic
- Expertise in SOLR/Elastic Collection Sharding/replication, failover, fault tolerance, high availability.
- Expertise in configuring SOLR/Elastic schema and understanding in advanced schema fields.
- Understanding of internals of SOLR physical and logical layout
- Expertise in tuning the of search results.
- Expertise in Java JVM tuning and Debugging
- Hands on Automation using Python or Java
- Deep understanding of HTTP and REST APIs.
- Expertise in fine tuning SOLR caches and cache warming and segment merging.
- Exposure to the internal implementations of SOLR/Elastic/Lucene and understanding of Information Retrieval techniques.
- Good understanding of agile development and continuous integration
- Design and develop search engine monitoring tools
- Ability to write automated unit test cases for solr search engine.
- Studying, researching and resolving difficult issues involving Solr, Elastic and related technologies
- Good in depth understanding of the Linux in term of debugging tools and performance tuning
This position requires a passionate individual who likes large scale challenges and innovate on complex tasks. Who has the ability to think out of the box creatively to come up with different technology solutions or architectures to meet business requirement. Please have your resume highlighting the value contributed by you in terms of performance, efficiency, business challenges solved, money saved etc. This role requires ability to work independently on live production performance issues working with different teams. As a Software Engineer you will be developing new platform Services to solve Apple’s Business needs in an efficient and economical way. This will require dealing with large scale data, automation, replication as a Service across different data stores and apps.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Languages: In-depth hands-on JAVA , PYTHON
- Tools: JVM Tuning tools, OS Performance and Debugging, Kibana, Xpack