Engineering Project Manager - Payments
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. World Wide Retail Commerce develops and maintains EasyPay, Apple Retail’s Point of Sale (POS) solution. EasyPay is used by 60,000 retail employees across the world to process 60 million transactions serving 220 million customers in nearly 500 stores every year. EasyPay is the central system of Apple’s global Retail Stores, providing the engine that integrates everything from Product sales & returns, Discounting and production promotions, Integrated iPhone activations, Product pickups and a single credit card platform. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a solid track record and experience in payments who feel equally passionate about payments as well as developing innovative solutions together with talented engineering teams. Your ability to handle multiple partners and projects from initiation to completion, while providing consistent updates and communication to business leaders, will be necessary for success in this role. You should be structured, disciplined, and utilize a strong technical background to prioritize and tackle complex problems. Your attention to detail, focus on excellent customer solutions, and ability to lead and drive large cross functional teams will critical.
- - 5+ years experience in project /product management
- - Experience in payment industry
- - Ability to coordinate teams of contractors
- - Ability to manage project constraints time, cost and quality
- - Retail systems knowledge
- - Strong attention to detail
- - Excellent presentation, oral and written business presentation skills with various levels of audience
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Coordinate and manage large cross functional teams with internal and external partners - Apple Retail, Finance, GNCS, SAP, AOS, HelpLine, Retail Systems, Operations and Apple Retail stores. Execute and deliver on exciting and innovative payment programs. Utilize your structured, disciplined, and strong technical background to prioritize and solve problem. Push innovation within the payment ecosystem, internal systems, payment providers, networks, ERP. Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Legal, Finance and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop solutions in partnership.
Education & Experience
BS ME/EE/CE degree or equivalent