System Applications QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The System Applications Quality team is looking for a passionate Software Quality Engineer to contribute to current and future releases of Device Management products: Apple Configurator, Classroom, Shared iPad, and Led Configuration (iOS and macOS). Our team is responsible for developing automation and qualifying Device Management products for macOS, iOS and tvOS. In addition to core QA skills, industry experience with mobile device management products particularly in enterprise and education, is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of MDM, Mobile Device Management and Directory Services
- Proficient understanding of OS X, iOS and Unix
- Experience of reliability, performance and scale testing is a plus
- Extensive understanding of networking, problem isolation, documenting test plans or test matrices, and SQA testing methodologies
- Experience with user interface software components, and demonstrated knowledge of user-facing issues
- Ability to analyze and regress software issues
- Excellent team collaboration and communication skills
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
- Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
This position requires an independent and organized individual with a technical background qualifying client/server software. You should be a self-motivated individual who works well independently and with a team. General responsibilities include writing test plans, develop automation scripts, execute manual and automated tests, configure test suites that represent real world scenarios, assist developers with problem isolation, work with multi-functional teams, and communicate technical issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Document Quality Test Plans & test cases and execute manual and automated tests.
- Develop and maintain automated scripts and libraries for iOS and macOS to mimic classroom and business scenarios.
- Provide reliable estimates of planned testing work and track progress regularly against estimates for scheduling purposes.
- Prioritize testing to account for schedule and risk. Make suggestions to improve testing procedures and strategies.
- Bring industry knowledge to improve the functionality and user experience of our Device Management products.