Camera & Photos - Tools & Automation Framework Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Memories and Portrait Mode which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by leveraging computer vision and image processing through machine learning. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people. We are looking for people who want to do the same. The Camera & Media Algorithm team is seeking an engineer with experience in multimedia frameworks and camera technology to develop new tools and software to automate the analysis of camera images. We support efforts to ensure the quality of images for Apple's very latest iOS products, by developing software and tools using the camera's multimedia framework. If you love software development in multimedia and like to work with a wide variety of people daily, then this is the right job for you.
- Strong C programming skills.
- Strong embedded software development skills in a multithreading/multitasking environment.
- Support tools used in camera image quality efforts.
- Enable white-box testing of camera pipeline.
- Automate camera tests by working with the test automation team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Domain experience/knowledge in digital camera systems.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to solve problems without explicit directions.
Specific Responsibilities include: * Develop camera imaging tool software in C and Objective-C * Support tools used in camera image quality efforts * Enable white-box testing of the camera pipeline * Develop test automation using python or shell scripts etc
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in CS or EE
- Familiarity with iOS or Linux/Unix based system is major plus.
- Experience with image processing is a plus.
- Experience developing software used for multimedia testing is valued.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.