Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Core Technology team is looking for an experienced Engineer with deep emphasis in embedded consumer products and a real passion for new technologies; a creator that will be able to define and develop key embedded technologies and related applications to successful completion.
- You have a passion for innovation and product development with experience from inception through delivery to customers.
- 5+ years of firmware and device driver development in bare-metal or RTOS environments. Experience with analog and digital sensors would be a plus.
- Strong, proven coding skills in C. Proficiency in Python, MATLAB, Objective-C is a plus.
- Familiarity with toolchains targeting ARM Cortex-M/R/A, ATMEL AVR, etc.
- Working knowledge of communication protocols (e.g. I2C, SPI, UART, USB).
- Hands-on experience in rapid prototyping, hardware bring-up, software design and development, and getting dirty.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels of management.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
The Firmware Engineer will be individually responsible for all things firmware related. Architect, design, develop, and maintain hardware and software systems for Apple audio products. You will identify and integrate technologies necessary to solve complex problems to build out amazing new product features. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual ready to innovate. Experience in a quick paced rapid development group is highly desired.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in EE/CE or equivalent
- Availability to travel domestically, and internationally for on-site manufacturing support is also expected.
- Position can be in Culver City, CA or Cupertino, CA.